Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things We Stopped Buying..and never even miss!

In the last 12+ months, I have really made some major changes. Last summer, I was a guest writer at Today's Housewife about "Going Green". You can read that post here. We are still going strong with our recycling efforts, removing our address from junk mail lists and using reusable shopping bags, but two things are different since that post:
1. I no longer buy paper towels
2. Lincoln is NOT laid back...sweet spirited, yes, laid back...Can I get a "heck no"?
We stopped buying paper towels and bottled water in early 2008. This wasn't a major sit-down, discussion type of decision. It just sorta happened when I didn't buy them for a week or two and I realized I didn't need those things. I use the paper towels we bought 12-14 months ago so infrequently, I still have a roll and a half to go. In stead, I use dish towels to clean messes and counters and baby wash cloths to wipe Lincoln's face and hands. I also stopped buying bottled water and fill my reusable bottle right from the fridge. Give it a try. You probably won't even miss it.

No comments: