Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Shopping for boys

This is consignment sale season people. I hit three big sales this year: Divine Consign, Sweet Repeats and Just Between Friends. Divine Consign is by far the best, but I have a "you never know what you might find" attitude and try to hit them all.

But, if I see one more cartoon screen tee, or a Disney Cars tee, one more embroidered puppy or firetruck, or one more shirt that says "Lil Slugger", I think I am going to barf. Shopping for boys is a completely different experience from shopping for little girls...Can I get an "Amen" from the Mom's of boys? For girls, run in ANYWHERE...Target, Gymboree, even Carters and you can find something cute. Try those and other places for a boy, and you run the risk of a playground smackdown!

At these consignment sales this year, I only bought a few things. A red Gap polo shirt, a short-sleeved Ralph Lauren Polo dress shirt, a navy Ralph Lauren Polo and a red/white striped Ralph Lauren Polo shirt with matching red Polo shorts, and a pair of plaid slip on shoes. You'd think out of the thousands, and I mean thousands of clothing items, I could find more than this. I wish the manufacturers would be as creative with boys clothing as they are with the girls. But...I also think Mom's of boys need to step it up a bit and think outside of the "muscle shirt and knit shorts" box. Little boys deserve to looks as cute and stylish as their girl counterparts.

And yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it doesn't matter what is on the outside, and that what is important is the kind of person you are...but come one...it doesn't hurt for Lincoln to look cute while obeying and being kind and considerate, right?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Having both girls and boy (he he... "boy") I can attest to that. Case in point... We didn't decide for sure we were going to church Easter Sunday until 10pm the night before. I had no Easter clothes for any of them, so I ran to Wal-Mart (the only place open, Target was closed) and found a few cute selections for the girls but absolutely nothing dressy for Tyler so he had to wear something we already had that wasn't very dressy.

Angi said...

Lincoln always looks so hip and cool though. I guess that is to be expected since he's a model though. :)