Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Five Year Anniversary

Today, Ryan and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. At times, it seems like a million years ago, other times, it seems like yesterday. Here are a few pictures from the vault.
Ryan and I when we were dating in 2000


At the rehearsal dinner, the night before our wedding



Just Married!


Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Blake


One of my favorite shots of the day.
Marrying Ryan is the best thing I've done. He is a fantastic husband. I love knowing that no matter what happens, good or bad, I have a forever partner in life! I keep a box of cards, letter, and other mementos from Ryan and I came across something I wrote for him in August 2003, about four months before we got engaged. Here is a little part.

I remember the boy who melted me.
He was charming, engaging and handsome.
He gave me a smile with a future in it.
This boy was honest, romantic and kind-hearted.
He did not endeavor to be,
He just was.
As I thought about the path my life would take,
I saw his face, I felt his hand,
I heard his voice.
He knew what to say to reach me,
And he always reached me.
He had hopes, plans and dreams.
I was part of them. He was my dream.
As I think of the boy who melted me,
I smile because I love him.
For his character inspires me,
He presence comforts me,
And his love sustains me.
I remember the boy who melted me,
For I was never the same.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Very sweet!!! You guys are one of the cutest couples that I know!! Happy Anniversary!!

Jayme said...

awww...happy anniversary :)

Angi said...

Happy Anniversary Friends! Here's hoping to celebrate your 50th with you one day!

Sarah said...

YEA! Happy 5 years!

candicebishop said...

Congratulations you guys! You have hardly changed in 5 years! Happy Anniversary!