Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Price Adjustment

It's Murphy's Law applied to fashion. You buy something, and two days later, it goes on sale. Ugh.

Price Adjustment: /noun/ the return of the difference between what you paid and the current selling price.

Example:

You buy a shirt for $34.50 at the Gap. Two days later, it is marked down to $21.99. Simply take your receipt to the store and they will refund you the difference. In this case, you would net $14.27 back in your pocket.

Lots of stores will do this.

Wal Mart
Gap
Old Navy
Banana Republic
Target
Kohl's

Most have a 14 day policy (Target is 7 days) meaning if you buy something and it goes on sale within 2 weeks, you can get the adjustment. In my experience, the stores listed above do not require you to bring the item back in, just the receipt. I keep the receipts in my wallet just in case.

One time I took my receipt up to Gap after I had bought several things for Lincoln and just had them run the receipt to check for me. I didn't even shop the store to check them items. I love doing this!

On the subject of Gap...most Gap (and Old Navy) stores do their markdowns first thing on Tuesday. This was the info given to me last time I asked. Also, items ending in 7 are a final markdown price. (ie: $2.67, $5.97) Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

candicebishop said...

Great tip! I've done that with a few things, but I didn't realize how easy it was. Last year at Christmas I unwrapped Colton's gift and took it back to Target because I wanted to rebuy it with a $10 coupon I found. They told me they could just do it with the receipt as "missed coupon". Oh well!