Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Unlikely Messenger

Lincoln and I went for a walk this morning and as usual, Lincoln spotted the playground and adjoining swings. So, I wheeled him over for a mid-walk swing (or as Lincoln likes to say, "hanging").

There was an older, Asian couple sitting on the park bench and we started chatting. They asked how old he was, his name, etc. And as they were leaving, the gentleman said to me "When your boy is a man, he will always remember that his mother took him to the park to swing".

Immediately, my brain started thinking, A man? A man? I can't even fathom the idea that my baby boy will someday grow up and become a man.

He continued to say that when he was a little boy in his country, his mother used to push him on the swings. He said it with such love and admiration for her, that I could tell she was no longer living.

I probably won't see them again, but how grateful I am for that message and reminder. I hope that one day when Lincoln looks back on his childhood, he is filled with happy memories and joy. Because for me, at this point, it would be impossible for me to be any happier.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

awww very sweet :)

Angi said...

You are such a good momma, he will always know how much he is loved!

Papaw said...

I am so proud of you and Alicia and all the other "little girls" I knew when you were all growing up! Know this, the legacy you and Ryan are building in your little guy is the most important thing you will ever do! As I tell Mark and Luke, the one thing I want them to tell their children is, " I had a Papaw who loved me more than his own life!" I believe Baby Lincoln (as Mark calls him) will say this about his mommy, daddy and grandparents! Thanks for your encouraging blog!