Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A West Texas Weekend

This weekend, Lincoln and I went with my Mom to Odessa to celebrate my Gran's 80th birthday. This is a lady who lives alone, yet manages to mow her own huge yard, work in her garden and get in a golf game or two per week. She made a hole in one, not too long ago. I hope I'm as hip and energetic as she is when I'm 80. We hosted a luau for Gran and her next door neighbor and best friend of about 50 years, Joann and her daughter Laurie. We had some delicious food, a tropical punch drink and a carrot cake. Here are a few pictures of the party and our trip.
My Mom, Gran, Lincoln and me


Gran and Mom


We found him in the kitchen during the party. Yum cake!


Blowing out the candles


The table decorations

Walking with Daddy Leon and Oreo
We also managed to squeeze in one night with my Dad's parents and my aunts, uncles and cousins on his side of the family. They surprised me with a BBQ and ice cream cake celebrating my quickly approaching 30th birthday. It was a great trip and Lincoln, as always, was the center of attention.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks like y'all had fun! Good job on getting into the cake, Lincoln!