Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

30

Tuesday was my 30th birthday. It's funny how having a child makes your birthday feel like another day. Lincoln didn't care that I was crossing over into adulthood. That I was leaving my youth and becoming a woman. HA! I still had diapers to change, hands to wipe and milk to pour. But what a wonderful way to spend the day, loving on Lincoln. Ryan came home with flowers, a card and a 30th balloon. My parents took us out to Buca di Beppo for dinner and Holly joined us. I got some makeup and a cute top from Holly, a gorgeous round mirror to put on the wall over our bed, and a super cute Baby G watch from Ryan. At home, Ryan had key lime pie and we watched American Idol. All in all, it was a wonderful day.

I remember my Mom saying that no matter what age she technically is, she still feels like the same person. She didn't feel 30, or 40, or 50. I totally agree. Sometime I have to catch myself from saying or thinking I am 22. I just can't believe I've been alive 30 years. How wonderful to think about all the fun things I've done the last 30 years, and how joyful I feel in daydreaming about the next thirty years.

Things that come to mind from the last 30...
Playing in Gran's sand pile and MJ's playhouse
Hanging out with Holly and all my cousins and creating "shows"
Mom washing my hair in the sink
Going to 1/2 price night at Wet n Wild with my fam and the Millers
Going to the lake and our boat not starting
Hanging out with the Garms family
Watching Murder She Wrote as a family after church on Sunday nights
Being "Mickey", the lead in the church musical
Being baptized at 10
My dad packing my school lunches
6th grade with Mrs. McGhee
Yearly family vacations--these really stand out
Middle school choir with Mrs. Kornegay
FBC Allen
Church mission trips
Primping for Prom
Being roommates with Shannon at A&M
Meeting Ryan, falling in love
Being an Aggie and going A&M football games as a student
Going to A&M games and tailgating as Alumni
Walking the stage to get my Masters Degree
My Engagement Night
My Wedding Day
Driving to Corpus for the first time as a married couple
Our Vegas Vacation
The day I found out I was going to be a Mom
Lincoln's birth
And every single day since...

Here's to the next 30 years!

7 comments:

Les and Kimberly said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Marcy!!! I'll be 30 in November. :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Marcy! I'm glad you had a good day. Sounds like a wonderful upbringing and adult life you've had! :)

Jayme said...

you made me cry :) I love you!

Sarah said...

Oh - it was the big 3-0!! That means adulthood? Oops... I didn't know... guess I'm a year behind on acting like an adult now :D

The Wingers said...

I agree with you that once you have kids your birthday doesn't really mean anything, except another day. I use to LOVE getting presents, but now I think that Ethan should get all of the presents.

Alicia said...

Great post! I love that I got to be a part of so many of those memories. You have always been such a great friend. Happy Birthday and here's to 30 more years!

candicebishop said...

Oh happy birthday Marcy! You're right about thinking you're still 22, as I feel the same way! I'm glad you got to enjoy a really special day.