Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

We had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend. Probably one the of most fun weekends we've had in a while. Ryan got home early, so we kicked off the weekend with some Mexican Food at Manny's in Frisco with Mark, Shannon and Brenden. We love this place b/c it's halfway between each of our houses. Plus, we sit on the patio so the boys can be loud and they can run around.

Lincoln and Brenden

Look at my tummy!


No, you look at my tummy!

We blame our dads for our freaky white tummies!


Ryan's parents stopped by for a few hours on Saturday. We had church as usual on Sunday. After church we visited with Ryan's parents again. After nap, we shopped at the outlet mall. I returned my Mother's Day dress/shirt. Turns out this was actually a bathing suit cover up, not a dress. I repeat not a dress!

We went to a new park that's within walking distance from the house. They are finishing up the splash pad adjacent to it...we are so excited for this! Lincoln tumbled out of the slide face first into a pile of wood chips. His little face was shredded. Within a few minutes, he was back on the equipment. Thank goodness kids have short-term memory!


Monday we woke up and headed to the Children's Museum at the Science and Nature Museum in Fair Park with the Wedemeyers. Lincoln had a ball and loved that nothing was off limits. His favorite part was the water room, the fire truck was a close second. We enjoyed lunch at Freebirds. Yum. This was Lincoln's first visit to Freebirds. I think he's hooked.
Lincoln and Audrey
Digging for fossils
Climbing in the ant hill
Audrey, Lincoln and Ella
At the farm
Fightin' Fires
Watching Daddy milk the cow.

Monday night we picked up my parents and went to the amphitheatre at the Rec Center. We ate a picnic dinner and listed to a patriotic orchestra concert. Lincoln was captivated and didn't move until intermission. After he ate a snow cone, he got his second wind. It was a wonderful night and a wonderful end to a wonderful family-filled weekend.

Lincoln and my Dad listening to the concert

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Funny comments about the white tummys! :) :)

Angi said...

I love him in the ant hat--I wish I could have gotten my girls to keep it on! Thanks for letting us be part of your weekend! :)

Sarah said...

Oooh... a new park by you with a splash pad? Do tell!

I think the milk cow is the best part of the museum!!