Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Joy

As a counselor, I'm constantly aware of what people say, how they say, what they mean by it and the underlying message. Sometimes it's a blessing, other times, not so much. Our internal dialogue plays a MAJOR role in how we feel, and as a result, in our actions. Regularly complaining, whining, venting, griping, groaning, and generally focusing on what isn't working, the negative side, or adopting a "glass half empty" attitude is detrimental to our physical, spiritual and emotional health. Don't misunderstand me, everyone hits bumps in the road, has bad days, and genuine reasons to feel down, even me. But, by focusing on what is working, the blessings you have, the positive aspects of your day, and keeping a hopeful attitude, you will be surprised to see what a profound impact these small step will have in your life. Enough of the negativity!

Here are some JOYFUL verses I love. Be encouraged today.

I have the highest confidence in you, and I take great pride in you. You have greatly encouraged me and made me happy despite all our troubles.
2 Corinthians 7:4

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy!
Psalm 30:11

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!
Psalm 126:3

When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy!
James 1:2

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

And if these aren't obvious enough....

Be joyful always.
1Thessalonians 5:16
Finally, don't take my word that changing your thoughts is for your own good. Romans 12:2 tells us the same thing. This is my favorite verse and I love the promise.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Oh no--I'm beginning to think you wrote this after our phone call this morning! Such wise words though, so thank you!