Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome!

Life with my two sweet boys...follow along!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Stat Time

We took Lincoln in for his 18 month well-baby visit today after hitting the 1.5 year mark on Saturday. Here are his most up-to-date stats.

Weight: 27.5 lbs 75%
Height: 34.5 in 94%
Head Cir 18.75 in 44%

It cracks me up to think in a room full of 100 18 month old boys, he would be taller than 94 of them. That is unfathomable to me, considering I am usually the shortest one in a room and was not only the shortest kid in my class, but in the grade below as well. He is definitely a growing boy and is exceeding milestones right and left. He got his last vaccine and doesn't have any more until age 4. We've braved the cold/flu season and passed with flying colors. Other than a mild cold that lasted a day or two and his first ear infection, Lincoln has been operating at 100%. Funny enough...Ryan and I each had a cold and we've each had 2 rounds of the stomach bug since last November, but Lincoln bypassed them all. I'm so thankful to have a healthy baby.

Current Favorite Foods - eggs and broccoli

As we head into the next 6 months leading up to his 2nd birthday...did I just type that...it is not possible...he should become more coordinated with running, kicking and throwing. His scribbling will "have more purpose" whatever that means. She said to work on color, number and letter recognition, using a spoon. My eyes glazed over as she talked about toddler beds, dental visits and potty training. TOO SOON!

We did have a breakthrough at church. We've gone 2 weeks without getting paged b/c of crying and last week he didn't cry when I dropped him off or get emotional when we picked him up. His teacher said he did great. Hooray!

A story for the grandparents...Lincoln has a brown blanket that he loves, but he has always slept with a blue one as well. He calls the brown one "night night" and the blue one "baby blue".

One more proud Mommy moment...today at the doctor, we were looking at the aquarium in the lobby and Lincoln pointed to the large yellow fish and said "Yellow". Then, as a follow-up, when we were playing outside after dinner tonight he walked over to Ryan with a mouthful of dirt. So funny. I doubt geniuses eat dirt! Here's to another healthy and happy 6 months.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sure some geniuses eat dirt. :D

candicebishop said...

You must be one proud mamma. Lincoln is precious, and I'm always impressed with him and his milestones! He's doing great! And WOW... eggs and broccoli! I think Colton's and Haley's faves are not such healthy options. :)